Monday, February 22, 2010

Found Collages

This lot of vintage labels was for sale on eBay a while back. Frankly, I don’t think Schwitters himself could have improved on the seller’s arrangement, as posted.

It's minimal, but sometimes all it takes to make a brilliant collage, is a perfectly placed price sticker. This 'Queen Victoria' piece is "spot on," in my opinion.


We see random artworks in the subway, all the time. What I found noteworthy here, was that MTA so thoughtfully curated and installed these mixed-media collages as an exhibit. A very well-considered use of the space.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Linda,


    Hello,

    Please, I ask your permission to reproduce collage queen Victoria in my blog.

    All the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, Meg. Please send a link when you post. Thanks for asking!

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails